Friday, November 24, 2017

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation


Will it really Fit Me?

It has been forever since I wore a full face make-up. I haven't put on foundation in a long time so I got excited when Maybelline New York brought their Fit Me collection here in the Philippines. The hype was real when these babies came out in the US and many beauty gurus are loving the products.


I will be trying out the Maybelline New York  Matte & Poreless Foundation. The claims of this product is that it is a lightweight foundation that mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural, seamless finish. It also claims to be ideal for normal to oily skin, our exclusive matte foundation formula features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores. Pore minimizing foundation. Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic. (info found here: https://www.maybelline.com/face-makeup/foundation/fit-me-matte-poreless-foundation)

I have oily combination skin and am having trouble with the acidity of my skin as well. There are times when products oxidize on my face and it makes my face look gray. I needed a foundation that is perfect for my skin and won't look cakey on me. When I heard the Fit Me is finally in the Philippines I bought one for myself to test it out.


I am not sure about what shade I should buy because I have oily combination skin. When my friends and I visited Watsons at SM Aura a few months back, I finally decided to get my hands on this foundation. Based on what the lady from the Maybelline counter, the shade 128 Warm Nude is the perfect match for me. She said that since I am acidic, this shade will work well with my skin. I was convinced with how she discussed how the product works and bought it for ₱ 399.00 ($8.00).


Now, with the review portion of my post. It has been a while since I last made a review and am a bit rusty but I will still make it work. It is the perfect time to test out this foundation because the weather here in the Philippines, this time of the year, is on its abnormal state. It changes from sunny to rainy in just a snap and I think that it is Fit Me's time to shine.


Here is the swatch that I did on my arm before putting it on my face. I had to swatch it there because I have too many claw scratches on my hand, perks of being a cat lady. I wiped it after and tried to wash it and I was shocked when I found out that it can be waterproof too. (that was on my arm though)


foundation: Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation | powder: Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder
blush: Ever Bilena Cheek Blush in Everyday | lips: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen
brows: Essence Eyebrow Designer in 02 Brown | setting spray: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray and Set


My youngest brother and I have to go to St. Paul Hospital because he needs his monthly shots for his heart and we need to fetch my mum, dad and younger brother after his dialysis. Looking at the photos, I just realized that my brows have different shapes but whatever. My family went to Central Mall to eat and buy stuff at the bookstore. My mum and I also had our nails done because we needed it. I was on leave and that is why I used this time to do my review.



As we were walking out of the mall, we stopped by the LA Girl counter. The attendant told me that my foundation is turning gray. He knew that I was acidic and my foundation turning gray is the only indication possible. I looked at the mirror that they have and lo and behold, I look like I have cement on my face, although it didn't look like it in photos, which made me think that my shade must have changed already. I was told that I should be using a shade lighter than what I am using, I got that shade because I was told that it is a shade lighter than my skin tone. Although I am not sure if I got lighter but I need to double check on that.


I was so oily after five hours and decided to blot my face with brown tissue. I was able to use this half of the tissue. I produced more oil than normal because of the weather and I was sweating a lot too. When I looked closely, I can see how it accentuates the dry patches on my forehead, which was a bummer.


After almost 6 hours of wearing the foundation, here is my verdict.


- the price is just right for the amount of product that you get
- I used a paddle brush and the foundation isn't streaky
- it is buildable
- perfect for Pinay users because they have shades with yellow undertone
- for minimum use, a little goes a long way


- the bottle is glass and is prone to accidents
- not travel friendly
- it doesn't have a pump :(
- it oxidized on me :(


The product has it's ups and downs but overall a good foundation for Filipinas. Since it has a build-able consistency, you can use it for everyday or cake it up at night. I love that it is budget-friendly because we all need a foundation like that. Lastly, because of the fact that it oxidized on me after 5 hours of use, my total verdict for the Maybelline New York Fit Me Poreless Foundation is...

3 out of 5 stars

Will I repurchase? I guess so. Once I am able to determine the right shade for my skin type, I will go and try it again. I wanted to love it, I really do, but things happen for a reason and it was a lesson learned.

Do you have any suggestion on what foundation I should try next? Let me know in the comment box. Thank you!

"Treat your makeup like jewelry for the face. Play with colors, shapes, structure—it can transform you."
— François Nars




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...