Friday, November 24, 2017

My First Bullet Journal

photos taken by: yours truly | equipment: iPhone 6s

I just want to be organized.

What is Bullet Journaling? Basically, it is a way to organize your thoughts, activities and more. You can track your sleep, your habits and even your expenses. It is a vessel where you can dump everything that you have in mind. It is where you input your appointments, special occasions and even exams. It is a system made specifically for people who just can't help but have brain farts anytime.


I have been watching BuJo videos for the longest time that I got triggered and bought my own. I bought my first bullet journal at National Bookstore and it is by Victoria's Journals. I bought it for 200 ($3.91) and it was the only one left on the shelf when I was there, it was meant to be. It came with dotted pages which is what I was specifically looking for. 


I have made major mistakes whilst planning for my September spread. I was able to waste two pages already but that is okay. Bullet journaling doesn't have to be perfect, it just have to be all about you. You can personalize it any way you like and I am so excited to fill up my journal.


I bought tons of supplies for my journaling and I barely use them. I think that my choice of buying them was more of an impulse but I want to use them as often as possible. The washi tapes that I have are my most favorite purchase. I wanted to buy a set of pens with different thickness so that my doodles will have dimension.


I started mine this September and I did a crappy job at filling it in. I have entries every now and then but I am hoping that October will be a better month for me to fill out my bullet journal. I have been watching tons of videos to help me with how to organize my journal, what specific designs to do and what I can fill my journal with.

Starting January of 2018, I will use a new journal and make sure to fill it in as much as I can. So far, the BuJo system is helping me remember things that I need to do, buy or remember altogether. I am on the hunt for a smaller journal so that I can take it anywhere with me. Since I have the basic pens and markers, I guess I am good to go for a minimalist journal.

Have you tried to do BuJo? If not yet, would you dare to try it?

“Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it. Slap into it every stray thought that flutters up into your brain. Cheap paper is less perishable than gray matter. And lead pencil markings endure longer than memory.
—Jack London, "Getting Into Print," The Editor





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...