Friday, November 24, 2017

How do you keep yourself awake during GY shifts?

image found here

"Wake me up inside,
Wake me up inside,
Call my name and save me from the dark."


It is so hard to keep yourself awake when you are used to the normal 9-5 jobs. For people in the GY shift, we tend to depend on coffee, or espresso shots to be very exact, to keep ourselves awake. In the span of time that I am in this shift, there is one brand of coffee that I stand by, as well as some of my friends, and it is the Kopiko 78°c. It has been our go-to pick me up whenever we need to keep ourselves awake all night.

In cases when I want to keep myself awake and am avoiding caffeine shots, I make sure that I get enough sleep before I go to work. In days when I really can’t seem to have complete sleep at home, I go to work early and go to the snooze box to catch some Zs. If you are feeling sleepy during my shift I will stand up and walk around.

wake-me-up-inside-cant-wake-up-evanescence-cat-3049793.png
image found here


I did a survey and asked the whole team about how they keep themselves alive during our shift and here were the similar answers:

  • Coffee (specifically Cafe Americano)
  • Eat (chips, to be exact)
  • Listening to upbeat music
  • Occasional dancing

It’s is more fun and lively if the whole team helps each other out to keep ourselves awake. There are times when OM Kev will crack jokes to lighten up the mood in the office and to lift our spirits up. The whole team loves to share jokes every now and then. There are tons of ways on how our team keeps the spirits upbeat in the office and that is why I love where I work.


A happy workplace is another key to keep one’s self awake and motivated at work and most of all, love your job. Everything will boil down to how bad you want to keep your job. It is not just keeping yourself awake at work but waking yourself up enough to stay and be more focused on your job. The people around you affects your mood as well, choose whom you befriend, that how your day will go.

“Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.”
Tena Desae




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave the link of your blog so that I can check it too.
Thank you so much for all the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...